Sunday, 16 January 2011

Wychwood workshop







Here are a couple of photos from the Wychwood event at Newcastle Library yesterday. (I do have more, but seem to have misplaced/accidentally thrown away/lost phone - will post them up when I find it). The workshop was lovely, and thankyou SO much to all the volunteers and friends who helped make it so special.

It all ended up a bit of an adventure - my friend's car caught fire on the motorway on the way home, and we had to wait at the side of said motorway (in the dark) for the AA to turn up. Alas, the car was a write-off, but thankfully no-one was hurt (!) 

Only two weeks in, and with slipped discs, exploding cars and tax returns, I can't help the niggling little suspicion that 2011 has it in for me. It seems like the sort of year that will sneak up behind you, shove a bag over your head and whack you with a stick.
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it is a good thing no one was hurt! Must have been frightening.

    Maybe, just maybe, you’re getting all the bad things over and done with early in the year? No? Lessons to be learned then? Making the tax returns explode instead of cars, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep it was a bit of a shock! Billows of smoke just started pluming from the bonnet.

    I SO hope you're right about getting the bad things out of the way now, but I'm not sure... 2011 has been a bit of a git so far and I've lost faith in it.

    If it were up to me, I'd definitely make a bonfire out of my tax returns.

    Hope everything's good with you?

    ReplyDelete