Day 9
This is a drawing (from life) of one of my oldest toys. I have no idea where he came from, but there are photos of me as a baby sitting next to him. His name - which is stitched onto his back in green, is 'Gorm'. I was always quite scared of him, but he's a trooper - he survived the great toy-throwing-out of '94, and also an ugly mishap with a tumble drier...It's quite a good likeness.
*UPDATE* By request, here is the actual Gorm in all his corduroy glory.
such a beautiful illustration. maybe he just came to you by himself? :)
ReplyDeletebrilliant!! Love Gorm. can we see a photo of the real Gorm maybe? I dont have any of my toys from my childhood, that makes me a bit sad but it's so nice that others have theirs :)
ReplyDeleteHa! Love that idea Daria :)
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine Gorm is delighted by all this attention - it's easily the most he's received in years.