Thursday, 7 April 2011

Day 11


I think I've mentioned before...I really struggle to draw people. Which is quite unfortunate, since most illustrations feature people. I've been floundering away with character drawings for my new book, but thanks to some expert advice and reference photos from my lovely art director, Rachel, I'm slowly growing slightly more confident. 

I have a deadline for Monday, so my 10am drawing today is actually a first new sketch of Cinderella's father. It's based on Robert Bathurst (although I don't have a CLUE who he is).

Believe it or not, this sketch represents an improvement. I'm still out of my comfort zone, but DETERMINED to get better... whoever heard of an illustrator who can't draw people? 


PS: The circle on his nose is just a guide. He won't ACTUALLY have a circle on his nose.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is fantastic and that you haven't got that far to go!

    ReplyDelete